Medicare Wellness Visit
Your annual wellness and preventive visit is important to your overall care and we recommend you make it a priority to come in every year.
Medicare covers 100% of the cost of your visit each year.
Please make sure it has been more than one year since your welcome visit or last wellness visit.
What to expect
At the Annual Wellness Visit, your doctor will:
- Talk to you about your medical history
- Review and discuss your risk factors
- Make a personalized plan to keep you healthy
Limitations: Medicare is very specific about what this visit includes and excludes.
This visit is not the same thing as what is often referred to as a yearly physical exam, and does not include a hands-on exam, nor does it include other testing or discussion about any new or current medical problems, conditions, or medications.
Does not include:
- Physical examination and screenings
- Discussion of chronic disease, such as hypertension or diabetes
- Treatment of an immediate health concern like a cold
- Prescription medicine refills
You will need to schedule another appointment to discuss anything that is not part of the Annual Wellness and Preventive Visit, as defined by Medicare.
Come prepared: write it down!
Please come prepared with the information in this check list to make the most of your exam and help us better partner in your care.
- Any notable changes in health, mood or memory
- Any injuries or falls in the last year
- Recent labs, diagnostic test, or immunizations (bring your immunization card if available)
- Your current prescription and over-the- counter medications with dosages
- Names of vitamins and supplements regularly taken
- Any updates to your medical history: surgeries, hospitalizations, new allergies, and new diagnoses from other physicians
- Updates to your family medical history
- Names of other physicians you are seeing and what you are seeing them for.
- If you have a living will or advanced directive, please bring it with you.
If you have any questions before your exam, please call us.
Gateway Family & Urgent Care – (408) 364-7600
Prevention is the Best Medicine
With authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines now available in the US, we have real hope for stopping the pandemic. There are currently two FDA-authorized mRNA vaccines for COVID-19: the Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine (for ages 16+) and the...
When you’re clutching at your throat because it feels raw, scratchy and painful, and it hurts just to swallow, all you want is to feel better. Along with "why me?," you're likely asking yourself, is this part of a cold?; strep throat?; or worse--a sign of coronavirus?...
With fall--and flu season--fast approaching, COVID-19 is still circulating the country, and experts fear the combination may overwhelm already strained healthcare systems. Influenza accounts for hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations each year. Hospitals often...